Career and Academic Honor Society
Florida International University, Gamma Delta Chapter
Delta Epsilon Iota (DEI) is a national career and academic honor society that focuses on its three key values of dedication, enthusiasm, and initiative. DEI has over 1,000 current members (around 200 active members), a student e-board, committees, and is supported by Career Services at FIU. The mission is to promote career development, establish networking opportunities and assist members as they make the transition from academics to the world of work.
If you have a 3.3 or higher GPA and 30 academic credits or higher at FIU, you are eligible to apply for membership!
Benefits of membership:
- In the know of Career Service Office events, programs, workshops and the online job search and internship database, Panther JOBlink!
- Leadership experience – Join, lead or start a committee or the e-board! Some committees are: fundraising, marketing/PR, membership development, etc. Great way to build your resume!
- VIP networking experiences – DEI members get let into Career Fairs 30 mins earlier than other FIU students!
- Professional development – Employer networking panels, guest speakers at meetings and networking with over 1,000 DEI members!
- Commencement recognition – wear your honor stole and medallion with your cap and gown!
Where can I find more info about the organization?
The national website: www.deltaepsiloniota.org
Facebook, search for DEI Honors: http://www.facebook.com/#!/deihonors
Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org Once you become a member, you will receive emails from email@example.com
Please feel free to contact the DEI Staff Advisor:
Efigenia Gonzalez-Duran, Associate Director Employer Relations
Career Services Office, Graham Center 230