Our mission is to provide FIU students with a program that encourages them to engage with Career and Talent Development (CTD) and be able to use our career development tools and clothing in order to have a successful job interview, internship interview, and potentially land a career opportunity.
The FIU Career Closet will also serve as a vehicle for educating students and the FIU community about what professional attire is – through marketing, programs, and spreading the word about this service.
How it works
Currently enrolled FIU students can visit the Career Closet and take (for free to keep) up to four individual apparel items, if available, (i.e. 3 ties and 1 shirt, or 2 blouses, 1 skirt) per semester or 1 suit during an academic year. The clothes you take are yours to keep.
Get started in Career Closet
- Sign up for Career Closet program
- Submit your resume for a critique
- Register for 3 professional development workshops
- Make an appointment with a Career Closet Consultant and get fitted for the next fair
- Participate in any Career Fair, Internship Fair, and career-related event at any campus: MMC, EC, BBC
To learn how to donate to Career Closet, contact the CTD office.