Hurricane Ian Update
FIU campuses will close at 5 p.m., Sept. 27, through Wednesday, Sept. 28, due to a tropical storm watch.
Visit FIU News for the full update
Hurricane Ian Update
Welcome to Career and Talent Development
At Career and Talent Development (CTD), our priority is you! We are the FIU student and alumni career resource. Our highly trained staff is dedicated to helping you make your career dreams a reality. We offer help with:
- Choosing a major
- Resume writing and critiques
- Practice interviews
- Career transitions and assessments
- Professional development
- Career events
- And other services to help you move your career forward
In addition to our resources, students who belong to FIU Law, FIU Business or Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management are encouraged to seek guidance from their schools’ respective career centers.
Tamara Rousseau, public administration major
Panther Career Readiness Module Requirement
FIU is committed to ensuring that students develop the skills and competencies they need for lifelong career management and success. The steps outlined below will guide incoming Panthers through the process of understanding the resources and support available to them, researching their career options, and developing a plan to reach their career goals.
CTD has partnered with Handshake - a modern career development platform that will be your one-stop shop for launching your career and keeping it on track. Login to Handshake using your FIU e-mail.
Complete your profile where you will have immediate access to:
- Scheduling an appointment with your career advisors
- Completing your profile and upload unlimited resumes, cover letters and transcripts
- Creating personalized search agents based on your major and interests
- Registering for Career Fairs, workshops and networking events
- Managing your on-campus interviews with top companies
- Networking with professionals and alumni in your chosen field
The mission of the U.S. Department of Commerce is to help American businesses thrive, creating jobs here at [...]
INTRODUCTIONAre you passionate about the environment? Are you looking for an entry-level position?If so, we invite you [...]
Saipan Community School seeks an individual to teach Middle School Reading and Computers to grades 6th, 7th, and 8th [...]
DENVER HEALTH FALL CAREER FAIR (JOB ID: 10560)Join us at the Denver Health Career Fair!APPLY NOW to [...]
SummaryThese positions are in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer,Office of the Controller, Research Triangle Park Finance [...]
The Forest Service is hiring students and recent graduates in Forestry and Timber positions nationwide. Recruiters will be available [...]
VMock SMART Resume Platform
FIU partners with VMock Inc. to help you create a powerful resume/CV and accelerate your career journey.
VMock, a 24-7 online resume/CV review tool, leverages technologies like data-science, machine learning, and natural language processing to provide instant personalized feedback on your resume/CV based on criteria gathered from employers and global best practices – from anywhere, at any time of the day.
Simply create an account, upload your resume/CV, and VMock will:
- Give you an aggregate resume/CV score to assess the strength of your Resume/CV benchmarked against your own Florida International University peer group
- Provide you with resume/CV guidelines based on your school template to ensure that you do not miss the fine details and establish a great first impression
- Assess how well you have marketed your core competencies to showcase the right skill set reflected in academics, experience, achievements etc.
- Give you line-by-line suggestions to improve your resume/CV content in view of your course and level of experience
VMock is designed to work with resume/CV from many different fields across various industries. Once you receive the detailed feedback, make relevant changes to the resume/CV and re-upload it to see the increased score and associated improvements.
Hire at FIU
Our office is happy to provide a strategic recruitment plan to meet your organization’s hiring needs including but not limited to; on-campus interviewing, free job and internship postings, signature career events and special invitation to signature events. Allow us to introduce you to our most valued resource: our students and alumni.
Explore various resources designed to help you polish your resume, gain professional development skills, and assist you in your job search journey. Best of all, they're free.
CTD serves faculty and staff as well! Faculty and staff can request workshops through Programs on Demand form. Choose from a multitude of topics to assist students in their career journey.
Need help with something? Look no further. CTD is always ready to assist you with whatever you may need.